Long Term Care Insurance

Long Term Care (LTC) insurance is one of the ways you or your family members can pay for long term personal care needed due to an accident, an illness, or advancing age. This plan provides many different services to help people with chronic conditions compensate for limitations in their ability to function independently. LTC services may include help with the activities of daily living, home health care, respite care, adult care, care in a nursing home, and care in an assisted living facility.

How it works

The plan pays a monthly benefit toward the cost of an assisted living facility or for home care administered by a qualified professional or an eligible family member. When you enroll, you choose the amount of your coverage—from $3,000 per month to $9,000 per month in $1,000 increments—and the length of time you want the benefit to last (i.e., two years, five years, or for your lifetime). Evidence of Insurability is not required for employees when you are first eligible for coverage (during your initial Open Enrollment period), unless you elect more than $6,000 per month or the lifetime benefit level. Proof of insurability is required for any employee coverage after your initial eligibility period or for coverage for any eligible family member. You and/or your spouse/domestic partner can only enroll in LTC during any Open Enrollment period. Your other eligible family members (non-spouse/domestic partner) can enroll at any time.

To initiate a claim

Claiming eligibility under the Long Term Care insurance policy is based on a loss of Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) or the presence of a Cognitive Impairment, which causes the insured to require supervision from another individual. To initiate a claim, please complete the attached claim form and submit to Unum directly. For questions about the claim process, contact Unum at 1-800-227-4165.

Who can participate

LTC insurance is available to all full-time employees working at least 30 hours per week and to eligible family members of eligible employees. Eligible family members must reside in the United States or its territories or possessions and include:

  • Your spouse or domestic partner
  • Your children
  • Your or your spouse’s siblings
  • Your or your spouse’s parents
  • Your or your spouse’s grandparents
  • Spouse of your sibling or the spouse of your spouse’s sibling
  • Spouse of your adult children

Learn more

For more information on Omnicell’s LTC insurance benefit and for help enrolling, go to our Caregiving and Long Term Care Resource Center at www.omnicellbenefitsltc.com, or call Unum Customer Service at 1-800-227-4165.